Monday, July 13, 2009

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

I want to thank my sistah, Tammy from the Missing Piece. My silly computer deleted all my pictures and she told me how to recover them. Thanks Sis.
Mess in Place. I have the sugar crystals to decorate the top of the loafe.

Dry ingredients in the bowl.

Wet ingredients added to dry ingredients.

Cinnamon sugar in a bowl.


I love having my kitchen help kneading my bread. I have to steady her when it gets close.

Time to take the dough out of the KA and knead in the raisins and walnuts.

The first rise the time is on the wrap so that I don't forget.

A new find at Henry's, Crimson Raisins. A little costier than regular raisins but a lot more tasty.

It took a bit to knead in the raisins and the walnuts but worth it.

Second rise. I made two loaves in 9 inch pans instead of 8 inch.

In the oven with a lot of oven spring. Looking yummier. I can't wait.

Melted butter for the top of the loaf.

Cinnamon sugar with the egg wash.

It's out of the oven. Love the look. I don't care that it's warty that means that goodness is awaiting under the surface.

On the cooling racks.

With the sugar crystals, cinnamon sugar on top. Unfortunately, the crystals didn't ahere very well. Ended up on the floor.



A lovely swirl.





A friend told me this bread rivals Dudley Bakery.

The crumb shot with the crimson raisins and the swirl.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got your pictures back. Great job! Watch out Dudleys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the Cinnamon Raisin Bread but substituted dried cranberrys for the raisins. Very Tasty.

    ReplyDelete