Monday, June 1, 2009

Onion Garlic Bagels

Bread Bakers Challenge number four Bagels. When Tammy first told me that she was really looking forward to this bread. Frankly, I wasn't too excited about making something I can buy at the local bakery or in the freezer.

I didn't take any pictures of the sponge or the batter.
Here are the formed balls of dough during their first rise.
Here are the rolls of doughs after weighting in at about 1 ounce each.
After the first rise, I shaped the bagels by poking my thumb in the ball and shaping them into bagels.
I used dried garlic and onion after rehydrating them. A bit of sesame and poppy seeds were also added. After they were boiled.
Awaiting the oven step. Don't they look lovely with all their toppings.
After toasting in the oven. I took the bagels to work to share.
There was enough garlic on the bagels that I'm sure that we didn't have any vampires as guests that day.
Yummy. Can't wait to bake these again.







1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I didn't make my hole big enough and they closed while boiling/baking. Oh well. I can't wait to make these again. I only had one bite of Rick's. He really liked these... I had to hide them so I'd have some to share with my Sunday school class. :-)

    ReplyDelete