Monday, June 8, 2009

Brioche

When my lovely sister talked me into doing this Bread Baker's Apprentice Challenge, I decided that hand kneading was not my cup of tea. This is bread number four and because I own a Kitchenaid, it was easy to do the bread and not knead.
I was talking on the phone with my sister and I undid the screws on the side and took out the motor brushes. Needless to say, my lovely mixer did not work. Since it was Saturday night, the 800 number was not an option. After calling the number, I knew that I had to wait until Monday to get the help that I needed. After calling the 800 number on the side of the machine, I was given a local number and the maintenance man from Marts Appliance Service, was able to help me fix my machine over the phone.
Luckily, I was able to pull out my Oster Kitchen Center. I have made bread with it in the distant past. I was very happy to be able to mix the bread with this animal. I didn't have the problem of the dough moving up the beaters.
After I kneaded the bread. I put it out on a cookie sheet and spread it into a rectangle.
I covered the dough with plastic wrap and put it into the refrigerator. I didn't think that it had risen very much. I pulled it out.
It was time to shape the brioche. I decided to use my muffin tins to bake the bread.
I chopped up 2 ounces hazelnuts and combine them with 7 ounces white chocolate and chocolate swirl chips.
I put some dough in my hand. Put about a tablespoon in the middle of the dough. Wrapped the dough around to form a ball. Placed them into the muffin tins.
Here is the dough awaiting the second rising. I was given this pretty muffin pan for a Christmas gift one year. I like having this in my cupboard.
After the second rising, the brioche is ready for the oven. They look lovely.
The bread was out of the oven after 20 minutes. They look a lot like muffins but the taste was a lot better.
Here is a close up of the bread. I took it to work and shared it with my co-workers. They loved the bread. I think this is their favorite so far, since I have had requests for repeats of this bread already.












1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy.

    The Other Side of Fifty calls her co-workers co-irkers. She's so funny. Her site is http://othersideof50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete