Saturday, October 3, 2009

Lavish Crackers

The Mise en place and surprise of surprises, I have all the ingredients this time. When I was combining the ingredients, I did use the measuring cup (I have a new small one that measures 1/4 a cup one tablespoon at a time.) with the oil first and then followed by the honey. It was a lot easier to clean up doing it this way.
After the dough was formed. I did knead it by hand. I think this is the first bread that I did this. I don't think that the dough hook would have worked on such a stiff dough. It was very easy to manipulate.
After the dough was kneaded, I rolled it out on the counter and then let it relax for 5 minutes and transferred it to the cookie sheet.
I used a combination of seeds and spices. From the left: Basil leaves, Mint flakes, Sesame seeds, ground coriander seeds, Poppy seeds, paprika, and celery seeds. No single cracker had all spices so the crackers all had their own unique tastes. I liked the crackers.
Would make them again. I can't wait until I take them to work to see what my coworkers think about them. I have found that as the hours have passed since I made them this afternoon, the crackers have hardened up quite a bit.
I would like to try my hand at this recipe but as a pita bread. I just have to figure out what to cut the bread with to be big enough for a hummus and lettuce sandwich with red bell peppers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you enjoyed them. I don't know what I did wrong or if I just don't care for this recipe, but I won't be repeating it.

    Your crackers look great Terri!

    ReplyDelete