Monday, August 3, 2009

Focaccia

I have really been looking forward to baking this bread. It sounded so yummy. I skipped the usual step by step pictures. Seriously, how many times do you need to see my miss in place, the kitchen aid mixing and kneading the ingredients. I simply took the pictures of what was different.

I made the olive oil and herb mixture about a week before the bread. I used my Herbs of Provence with garlic and onions in the olive oil. I heated the oil slightly, to 100F. Then let it sit out for a day or two. Then I put it into the refrig.
Here is the bread in the refrigerator after the first two rises. It is on the pan with the olive oil and herb mixture.
I decided to add pine nuts and fresh cherry tomatoes and feta cheese to the bread. The first two ingredients are added precooking. The cheese should have been added when I just put the bread into the oven instead of after I turned the bread 180 degrees. Tasted great.

Doesn't that look so very pretty. The reds, greens and yellow. Good enough to eat. Pretty dimpling.
Here is the crumb shot. I got a lot of open holes. The olive oil gave it great flavor. Decided to serve it with spinach ravioli.
Another crumb shot with an overview of the top of the bread. Almost hate to slice it up and give it away. Maybe I can frame it and make it into art... Naaaaaaah, it tastes too good. Another reason it is very important to get it out of the house.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Wow! You're making me hungry. Beautiful job. I'll be making mine this Thursday and now I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my bread to work. Everyone loved this bread. A definate keeper. Thanks for saying I make you hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice crumb shot! And I love the toppings you put on. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. The pine nuts must have given it such great crunch.

    ReplyDelete